This article should be used for scenarios where you are lowering the overall charges on a contract agreement after a parent has made at least one payment. When you lower what you are charging to a family, you will need to manually edit the line items tied to the contract agreement and apply a credit memo that will be created. Anytime you lower what someone owes, a credit memo will be created for you to match with the amount that you have lowered. This will NEED to be done after you add your addendum and should NOT be overlooked.
Adding the Addendum
- Go to the Leads Table > Edit lead.
- Edit the agreement.
- Click Add addendum.
- You may now click Edit for any line items that you want to lower the amount being charged. For example, click Edit and change the tuition amount. Repeat this step for each line item that needs to be lowered.
(Right-click and 'Open image in new tab')
Applying the Credit Memo
In this scenario, a credit memo will be created and you are REQUIRED to apply this to make sure the balance of the contract agreement is correct.
PRO TIP! You must auto-sign the agreement to apply the credit OR have the parent sign the contract to acknowledge the decrease in what they owe.
- Go to Families > search for and edit the correct family
- Double-click to edit the credit memo
- Click Apply Credit
- You will see the amount to apply in Under Applied By. You can apply that amount to one or more of the open invoices the family has. Enter in the desired amount to each invoice.
- Click Save (Apply Credit) and you are done!