Relationships in BigSIS tie families and friends together so you can get the BIG picture. There are many types of relationships to choose from.
- Aunt, Uncle, Aunt/Uncle
- Daughter, Brother, Sibling
- Daughter-in-Law, Brother-in-Law, Sibling-in-Law
- Exchange Student
- Ex-Wife, Ex-Husband, Ex-Spouse
- Goddaughter, Godson, Godchild
- Godmother, Godfather, Godparent
- Grandmother, Grandfather, Grandparent
- Great-Granddaughter, Great-Grandson, Great-Grandchild
- Great-Grandmother, Great-Grandfather, Great-Grandparent
- Half-Sister, Half-Brother, Half-Sibling
- Host Mother, Host Father, Host Parent
- Mother, Father, Parent
- Mother-in-Law, Father-in-Law, Parent-in-Law
- Niece, Nephew, Niece/Nephew
- Sister, Brother, Sibling
- Sister-in-Law, Brother-in-Law, Sibling-in-Law
- Stepdaughter, Stepson, Stepchild
- Stepmother, Stepfather, Stepparent
- Wife, Husband, Spouse
Relationships are based on whether the person identifies as non-binary, female, male, or no listed gender. Whenever you set one relationship, its reciprocal will be assigned to the person to which they are being tied. For example, in the screenshot below, Debbie, the mother, is female, but her child is non-binary, therefore her relationship is “child” as oppose to “daughter” or “son.”
Setting up Relationships
From the Person’s Record:
- Click the General tab
- Click the Related People subtab
- Under the Related People section, click the New button
- Enter the person’s name into the Related Person field
- NOTE: The person must already have a Person Record before you will be able to establish the relationship. You can create a new Person Record from this screen by clicking the Combo Box icon .
- Then establish how the two people are related to each other by selecting an option from the Related Person drop-down menu. In the example below, Frank is Dolly’s grandfather so “Grandfather” is selected.
- From this screen, you can also establish if the relation Can Pickup the person, and whether or not the relation Is an Emergency contact
- If the relation is the guardian of the person (e.g. the parent), click the Guardian of… radio button. If the relation is the ward of the person (e.g. the child) click the Ward of… radio button. If the relation is neither the guardian or the ward of the person, click the Is neither a Ward of Guardian of… radio button
- When you’ve completed filling out the form, click the Save and Back button.