Sub-roles, aka Application Roles, are delineated roles within each role type. For example, Employee - Faculty, OR Employee - Staff, OR Employee - Part-Time. This gives you control over what sub-roles you will have available wherever you are able to select role types in the system. This includes filtering, reports, calendars, and more.
- Search for "roles" in the upper left search menu:
- Select and double click the role you would like to create the sub-role under:
Pro Tip! A user has to have a role under the role type in order to see the sub-role.
- This will bring you to the Role Types page where you will be able to add your new sub-role or double-click any sub-role to Edit.
- Add or edit the Title for your sub-role.
- You may add an optional Description if you want. This is an internal description solely for admins.
- Click Default if you want this to be the default sub-role for this role type.
- Change the order number if you want to change the order of your sub-roles.
- The Active checkbox should ONLY ever be unchecked if you plan to NEVER use a sub-role.
- Click Save and Back to finish adding this sub-role. You are now ready to use this sub-role when applicable!
Please sign in to leave a comment.