Thank yous allow you to easily thank your donors with your own, customized, thank you template.
From the Dashboard:
- From the left-menu, proceed to Donations > Thanks Yous
- For a New Batch click the New button.
- Select the Donation Type, meaning are you thanking pledge donors, one-time gift donors, or recurring gift donors? The option you select will determine which donors will appear in the Thank You batch.
- Then, select the Thank You Type.
- The batch title will default to the date the batch was created, the donation type, and the Thank You Type, but you can edit it here if needed.
- You'll notice there are no Donations on the Donation table, that's because you need to select the appropriate donations that need thank yous. Click the Select Donations From the 'Unthanked' Bucket for This Batch.
- Select the Donations that need Thank Yous and the click the Add Selected Donations to Thank You Batch and click the Back button.
- Select all the donations from the list and click the Communicate button, then select Generate Letters - Per Donation or Generate Letters - Per Donor.
- This will take you to the Mail Merge Wizard page. This is where you will be able to start building your thank you template.
- Now, you will want to use the template below to formulate the template that you want. You can use the myriad of options to formulate the template exactly as you need it.
- SPECIAL NOTE: To add mail merge markers you can use the "Mail Merge" option. This will allow you to select from a list of markers you can use in your mail merge template. Tip: Markers will pre-fill your template with the appropriate information. For example, if you select <<Firstname>> the system will pre-fill each persons first name into their mail merge letter.
- Once you have edited the template to your preference, you will want to save the template for future use. Once you have saved your template you will be able to use your template at anytime in the future by selecting the template from the "Load saved Mail Merge Template" drop down menu.