Use the Generate Courses tool to generate all courses for all programs for the upcoming term
Course generation is the step when you will add courses to a specific curricula. Before you start this step you will want to make sure that you have set up all of your course templates and curriculum properly. To double check that they are set up properly, reference the BigSIS help video for course generation and registration for a quick tutorial (to find the video, click on Favorites > Help Videos in the left menu and search for the video). You may also reference this video if you prefer a video tutorial on course generation instead of (or in addition to) this written tutorial.
- Go to Courses > Other > Generate Courses
- Select the Curricula that you would like to generate courses for.
- Choose the Term you would like to use by selecting the term from the drop-down menu.
- Choose the Assessment Periods when these courses will be assessed.
- Optional: select a teacher to assign to courses missing a teacher in their course template. If you would like to select a teacher to be the default teacher for all course templates that do not have a teacher already assigned, select a teacher from the drop down menu.
- Note: Ignore the “For Existing Courses” options at this time.
- Select the Courses that you would like to generate courses for.
- Click the Generate Courses button at the top of the screen.
- You have now generated courses for that curricula. You now may repeat these steps to generate courses for any other curricula.
If you would like to verify that you have completed this step properly go to the Courses Table. Make sure that you have the appropriate filter applied for the term that you would like to verify. The courses that you have generated will now be added to this list. In the 3rd column will be the number of registrations for each of those courses. At this time it should show zero for each course. You are now ready to move on to auto-registration
If you are rolling over your Academic Year, continue to Step Seven: Auto-Registering Students