BigSIS offers the option to sync people (first and last name) and their email addresses to existing lists in MailChimp. The first step will be to make sure that you have your lists set up in MailChimp (see Creating Lists in MailChimp). Once you have this completed you will be able to manually sync information from BigSIS to MailChimp whenever you want to. There are just a few quick steps to take to get your information from BigSIS synced into MailChimp.
From the People table:
- Use the built-in filters to filter for desired records.
- Select desired records and click on Communicate > Sync with MailChimp.
- This will take you to the Prepare to Sync with MailChimp page where you will be able to sync with lists you have built in Mailchimp.
- At the top of this page you will have a list of the users that will be synced at this time (titled Number of users that will be synced). You will also see a list of any users that may not be synced due to lack of an email address (titled Number of users unable to sync due to lack of an email address).
- Select the MailChimp list you want to sync with.
- Once you select a list you will have the option to Choose Existing Segments you have created in BigSIS for that list. Or, you also have the option to Create a New Segment that you would like to add to your MailChimp list and sync with at this time.
- NOTE: It is very important to understand that you will only see existing segments you have created through BigSIS. If you don't see a segment you would like to sync with you may choose to create a new segment.
- Click on Sync Users to sync ONLY the users you previously selected to this list and segment. IMPORTANT: This option will sync ONLY the users you previously selected with your current list and segment AND all other users that were previously part of this list and segment will be removed and just the new list will be synced to MailChimp.
- Click on Add All Users to add all users you previously selected to this list and segment. This option will add all of the users you selected but will not duplicate anyone that is already part of that list and segment and will not override anyone already added to the list.
- Both options will take you to a confirmation page to finalize the sync. Both confirmation pages will list email addresses that will be added to the list and segment and those emails that already belong to the list and segment The Sync Users option will also show those that will be removed from the list and segment, remembering that this option only syncs those you have selected.