BigSIS offers the option to sync people (first and last name) and their email addresses to existing lists and segments in MailChimp (see Creating Lists in MailChimp or Creating Segments in MailChimp). The first step will be to make sure that you have your lists and segments setup in MailChimp. Once you have this completed you will be able to manually sync lists from BigSIS to MailChimp whenever you want to. There are just a few quick steps to take to get your lists from BigSIS synced.
From the People table:
- Filter for desired records.
- Select desired records and click on Communicate > Sync with MailChimp.
- This will take you to the Prepare to Sync with MailChimp page where you will be able to sync with lists and segments you have built in Mailchimp.
- At the top you will have a list of the users that will be synced at this time. You will also see a list of any users that may not be synced due to lack of an email address.
- Select the MailChimp list you want to sync with.
- After you select your list you will have the option to select a MailChimp List.
- Once you select a list you will have the option to choose from existing segments you have created for that list. Or, you also have the option to create a new segment that you would like to add to your MailChimp list.
- Click on Sync Users to sync ONLY the users you previously selected to this list and segment. IMPORTANT: This option will sync ONLY the users you previously selected with your current list and segment AND all other users that were previously part of this list and segment will be removed and just the new list will be synced to MailChimp.
- Click on Add All Users to add all users you previously selected to this list and segment. This option will add all of the users you selected but will not add anyone that is already part of that list and segment and will not override anyone already added to the list.