This article will assist with steps to update a user's password but take note that users can change their own passwords from the My Account tab in the portal. Or, if they need to request a new password they can do that by clicking on Trouble Logging In from your BigSIS login screen. We recommend that you have parents update their own password in the portal or request a password if they have forgotten it as this is easier for you and is faster for them to do on their own. If you need to update the password for a user, though, you can follow these quick steps.
TIP: Don't forget to use the User Management help center for other articles on how to manage user accounts!
- Go to System > User Management > Manage Users.
- From the Manage Users table, edit the user record for the person whose password you want to change (either double click on the user or select the user and click the blue Edit button).
- In the User Record, click on the blue header titled Change Password [+].
- Enter and Re-Enter a new temporary password for this user.
- Click the green Change Password button
- This is now their temporary password, and they can update it in the account tab of the portal.
IMPORTANT: Please let parents know that once they have logged in the first thing they need to do is go into My Account > Login Info and Settings > Change Password > update password > Click Change Password button. Feel free to send them this screenshot:
Please sign in to leave a comment.