Volunteer events permit you to set up and group multiple volunteer activities specific to a single event. Normally, volunteer activities are standalone opportunities that volunteers may sign up and are not part of any special event. Sometimes, though, schools want to put on a special event and need volunteers to assist in that event in a variety of ways. With the volunteer module, you may set up an event and assign volunteer activities that are specific just for that event. For example, you may need hosts, a cleanup crew, and an auctioneer for an auction fundraiser event so you create a volunteer event for that fundraiser and then create the aforementioned volunteer activities just for that event.
How to Set up Volunteer Events
- Go to Volunteers > Volunteer Events
- Click the “New” button.
- Fill in the Title, Description, and Dates of the event (it may span multiple days, such as a weekend festival).
- Next, there are two ways to add volunteer activities to the event:
- Method #1: Edit the volunteer event you just created and go down to the “Activities” tab and click the “New” button. You may create a brand new activity from scratch, add an activity from a template (see "Set up Activity Template" above for more information about templates), or add an existing activity you have already set up under Volunteers > Activities.
- Method #2: Go to Volunteers > Activities and edit one of the activities listed that you previously created. Find the “Volunteer Event” field and select the event you wish to add the activity to.