A student may be admitted from the Leads Module only when the student has made it to the enrollment phase and has an active 'In Progress' type status within that phase (see Lead Phases and Statuses). Once the student is in that phase, you will see a new button titled 'Admit Lead' in the lead's Edit Form, which will take you to the admission form.
- Go to Admissions/Leads > Leads
- Select a lead and click the Edit button to enter the lead's Edit Form.
- Ensure that the lead has made it to the enrollment phase and has an 'In Progress' type status. For example, the lead might be in 'Enrollment In Progress (Eligible to Enroll)' or equivalent (i.e., not 'Enrollment Failed' or 'Enrollment Academic Hold').
- Click the Admit Lead button like this:
- Complete the admission form:
- After completing the admission form, the student will be admitted into the school. A person record, admission record, student record, and possibly their first enrollment record (unless the admission is deferred) will be created at this time and the student will be considered a regular (and new) student at the school like all other admitted students.
- Special Note about Enrollment Dates
By default, if you have chosen to enroll the lead, the enrollment date will get set to the same admitted date you just selected for your lead. That admitted date should be set for the current date you are admitting the lead, but you will want to edit the enrollment date to make sure that is consistent with the first day of school for the student. For example, if you are enrolling a student during the school year (i.e., mid-year) you will want to set the enrollment date for the first day of school for that student. For a student you are enrolling into the upcoming school year (i.e., during the summer or previous school year) you will want to set their enrollment date for the first day of the school year they will be part of.
- To edit the enrollment date, click on the Edit Enrollments button:
- This will take you to the Edit Enrollment page. Click on Enrollment Information and select the Enrollment Date field to edit the enrollment date for the first day of school for the student.