Now that you have taken your lead through the entire leads process it is time to admit and enroll the lead!
A student may be admitted from the Leads Module only when the student has made it to the enrollment phase and has an active 'In Progress' status within that phase (see Lead Phases and Statuses). Once the student is in that phase, you will see a new button titled 'Admit & Enroll Lead' that will take you through the steps to admit and enroll the lead.
This final step is extremely important and will help complete the lead process for this lead including creating a person record, a student record, an admission record, and an enrollment record all at the same time! There is no need to create any records manually and the system will help take care of this for you!
- Go to Admissions/Leads > Leads. You may also use the Leads shortcut widget on your dashboard!
- Select a lead and click the Edit button to enter the lead's Edit Lead screen.
PRO TIP! You can double-click any lead record to edit it too!
- Ensure that the lead has made it to the enrollment phase and the lead should be in 'Enrollment In Progress (Eligible to Enroll).'
PRO TIP! You will not be able to admit and enroll the lead if they are in either the 'Enrollment Academic Hold' or 'Enrollment Failed (Did Not Enroll)' status.
- Click the Admit & Enroll Lead button like this:
- Complete the information for the Admit Lead form:
- After completing the admission form, the student will be admitted into the school. A person record, admission record, student record, and possibly their first enrollment record (unless the admission is deferred) will be created at this time and the student will be considered a regular (and new) student at the school like all other admitted students.
- Last, but not least, the lead status will be set to 'Enrollment - Enrollment Completed' and you are done with this lead!
Special Note about Enrollment Dates
By default, if you have chosen to enroll the lead, the enrollment date will get set to the same admitted date you just selected for your lead. That admitted date should be set for the current date you are admitting the lead, but you will want to edit the enrollment date to make sure that is consistent with the first day of school for the student. For example, if you are enrolling a student during the school year (i.e., mid-year) you will want to set the enrollment date for the first day of school for that student. For a student you are enrolling into the upcoming school year (i.e., during the summer or previous school year) you will want to set their enrollment date for the first day of the school year they will be part of.
- To edit the enrollment date, click on the Edit Enrollments button:
- This will take you to the Edit Enrollment page. Click on Enrollment Information and select the Enrollment Date field to edit the enrollment date for the first day of school for the student.