There are many reasons why two of the same exact address might get entered into BigSIS, this article explains how to merge duplicates without losing any data.
Merging Duplicate Addresses
From the Dashboard:
- Select People > Other > People Utilities
- Under Address Utilities, click the Merge Addresses button
- Notice that the table contains duplicate-pairs of addresses divided into two columns: Address to Keep and Address to Delete
- These duplicate-pairs are listing all possibilities of duplicates. If the address was entered 3 times instead of 2, you'd see 3 rows of possible address combinations.
- Look at the Address to Keep column and select the address you want to keep
- Once you merge the address, all members from the Address to Delete address will be moved into the Address to Keep address
Click to enlarge
To see images in this article, do not view it in the web widget on your Dashboard. Instead, open the article in your browser to view the image.