Your Document Center is a quick and easy way to store documents, logos, and more right in BigSIS. This allows you to store this item, then share it in the parent or employee portal document center, or store it internally for yourself and other admins. By storing the item in your document center you also automatically create a link for that item that can be used in email, portal snippets, inquiry thank-you messages and more. For example, you can store an important health form in your document center and use that link in an email to parents for easy access, or store a school logo image and use that link to show your image in emails, or portal snippets and more. Here are some quick steps to start using your document center!
- If you are new to the document center you may need to start by adding Document Types. Here are some quick steps to getting document types set up: How to Add Document Types
If you already have document types set up you may skip to the next step!
- Next, add a new Public Document.
(click to enlarge images)
- Title your Document and Select the Document Type. You can also add up to two Tags. Without a Tag the Document won't be visible in the Portal, the Tags tell the Document where to go. Note: Your tags may not be the same as in this example, see step 5 for where to find which tag your school uses)
- You can also add additional Tags at any time if you want the Document in the Employee and Parent tab.
- You can go to Client Settings to see which Tag titles your school is using.