In BigSIS you can take Daily Attendance (once daily) and/or Teachers can take Course Attendance in the Portal.
How to Set up Course Attendance for Teachers
There are two steps to allow teachers to take course attendance in the portal:
- Go to Courses > Courses and edit the course.
- Open the Recurrence Rules tab and add a new Recurrence Rule.
- This will take you to the Add Recurrence Rule page where you can select from the variety of options to set your recurrence rules. Add your new rule and click Save and Back when you are done.
PRO TIP! This includes daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly options. Weekly is the most common because it allows you to choose the days of the week and times. Keep in mind you might need to add more than one recurrence rule if the course is taken at different times on different days!
(Right-click and "Open image in new tab" to enlarge)
- You can also edit occurrences once they have been created. Click on Occurrences and you can select and edit any that have been created. This can be helpful if a few occurrences are at different times or if you need to simply delete any occurrence. Make sure to Click Save and Back if you are making edits to your occurrences!
- Now, make sure your system is set to take course attendance. Go to System > Settings Client Settings > Attendance to locate this setting.
PRO TIP! Remember you can click on the settings icon on the dashboard to get to client settings. Click here to see more.
- In the Attendance Taken For field select By School Day AND Course. Click Save and Back and you are done!