To allow teachers to take course attendance there are a few steps needed to enable this option for teachers and the portal. Follow the instructions below to get started.
How to Set up Course Attendance for Teachers
- To ensure that teachers will be able to take course attendance, you will need to enable the option under Client Settings. Go to Client Settings > Attendance Tab > Attendance Taken For field > select By School Day AND Course. Click Save and Back.
- Go to Courses > Courses > Select and edit needed the course for attendance.
- Open the Recurrence Rules tab and add a new Recurrence Rule.
- This will take you to the Add Recurrence Rule page where you can select from the variety of options to set your recurrence rules. Add your new rule and click Save and Back.
PRO TIP! This includes daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly options. Weekly is the most common because it allows you to choose the days of the week and times. Keep in mind you might need to add more than one recurrence rule if the course is taken at different times on different days!
(Right-click and "Open image in new tab" to enlarge)
- To edit how often the reoccurrence rule occurs, click on Occurrences and select and edit the scheduled days. This can be helpful if a few occurrences are at different times or if you need to simply delete any occurrence.