Program groups are groups of programs that you get to create and customize. For example, a program group titled "Middle School" may consist of Grade 6, 7, and 8 programs, OR a program group titled "Lower School" may consist of Nursery - 5th Grade programs. You get to decide how many program groups you have, what they are titled, and what programs they consist of. You may edit existing or add new program groups whenever you like. Your program groups will be very helpful when using filtering in BigSIS. For example, if you want to filter for all middle school students you would choose to filter by Program Group of "Middle School" and this would return all your middle schoolers.
PRO TIP! Program groups can also be shown, or not, in daily attendance. Keep this in mind as you edit program groups and start to narrow down which ones really need to be shown in daily attendance. See How to Enter Daily Attendance to learn more about how program groups will be shown in the daily attendance tool.
- Go to Students > Other > Program Groups.
- Click New to add a new program group. To edit programs, select and click Edit (or double click!) for the program in question.
- Enter or edit the following information:
- Add/edit Title for your Program group (e.g., Early Childhood, Lower School, Middle School, High School, etc.)
- Add/edit an optional Description. This is for internal use only.
- Add/edit an Abbreviation (the abbreviation will appear to you on some filtering screens).
- Click Save and Continue to add programs to this program group, click Save and Back if you are done. The order number will be automatically added for you but will allow you to change the order of your program groups if desired.
- Click the Show in Attendance checkbox if you would like to show this program group in your daily attendance tool.
(Right-click and "Open image in new tab" to enlarge)
- Scroll down to Programs in this Program Group, click New to add a new program
- Select the desired Program from the drop-down menu. The order number will be added automatically and will affect the order of the programs within this program group. Click Save and Add Another to add additional programs. Click Save and Back when you are complete.
- To remove a program select the program and click Remove. A confirmation screen will pop up, click OK to remove the program. Repeat as necessary.