Curricula are important in course generation because it will automate your registration process. In order to generate a curriculum, you must have course templates already created. A curriculum is a set of courses assigned to a specific program(s).
For example, a first grade curriculum might be something like:
Developmental Overview (Gr. 1)
Art (Gr. 1)
Spanish (Gr. 1)
Music (Gr. 1)
Language Arts (Gr. 1)
Let's say a first grader (or the majority of first graders) all take these courses each year. Setting up a curriculum will allow you to register a student for all of those courses in one go, rather than doing them individually.
Creating a New Curriculum
From the Dashboard:
- Courses > Curricula
- Click the New button
- Give your Curriculum a Title (e.g. 1st Grade Curriculum)
- Choose the Program this Curriculum should be tied to.
- Click Save and Back if you are only adding Curriculum at this time. Click Save and Continue if you are adding course templates at this time.
- Special Note: if you are importing your course templates click Save and Back and do not continue with steps 6 and 7.
- On the Edit Curricula page, click the New button
- Now, select the Course Template and Credit Type (Note: Credit Type doesn't really matter unless you run transcripts. Lower Schools typically ignore this field.)