This article is designed to show guardians how to add additional contacts, like emergency contacts, for students directly from the portal.
NOTE: Schools have the ability to change the labeling of tabs and subtabs as well as which tabs and subtabs are visible to you in the portal. This may cause screenshots to look slightly different than what you are used to seeing. Please reach out to your school for additional questions.
Adding Additional Contacts for a Student from the Parent Portal
From the Parent tab:
- Click the Children subtab and then click the View link.
- Now, click the Contacts Other than People subtab and then click the New button.
- If the Contact should be added to just the one child's record, select the first radio button [Student's Name] personal record. If you would like to add the Contact to all of your children (when multiple children attend the school), select the second radio button All Individuals in [Student's Name] household.
- Enter the Contact's First Name and Last Name.
- Then, select a Relation Type. (Note: If you do not see the correct relation type you are able to type in the correct type and proceed.)
- Complete the rest of the form as necessary, ensuring the Is Emergency and Can Pickup checkboxes are selected (if applicable) then click the Save and Back button.