Sometimes schools need to add Lead Records for existing students who have already been admitted into the school, some even years ago. This brief article will teach you how to do this correctly.
WARNING: Before beginning this tutorial, ensure you do, in fact, have an existing student record for the student in question. If you do not have an existing student record for the student, then you may need to treat this student as a regular new lead. This tutorial is only for cases where you have an existing student record and you merely want to attach a lead record to it.
Creating a (past) lead record for an existing student
The steps below are the same for re-enrollment leads. Instead of going to "Quick Add New Lead" as the instructions say, go to the Re-Enrollment Table and click the "New" button.
From the Dashboard:
- Go to Admissions/Leads > Quick Add Lead
- Proceed to fill out the form with the existing student's family in mind.
- NOTE: You may have to re-enter some of the student's information such as their name and birthday, but don't worry, this will not create a duplicate record.
- Now, edit the Lead Record you just created
- You can also find the lead by going to Admissions/Leads > Leads and then look for the new lead record you just created, select it, then click the Edit button in the toolbar at the top.
- On the Edit Lead page, look for a yellow button on the right titled View/Edit Additional Lead Info (e.g., Date, Name, Program, Academic Year, etc.) and click it.
- You will see a series of fields on a page titled Lead Information for Student Info. Scroll down and click the Student drop-down menu
- Search for the name of the student who you are attaching this lead to and select them
- Next, click the Admission drop-down menu. Usually, there is only one. If you see more than one, however, select the one most relevant for your purpose (often this means selecting the latest admission).
- Then, click the Save and Back button at the top of the screen.
Woohoo! The existing student is now tied to a Lead Record!