When an inquiry is submitted via the public form, meaning someone went to your website and filled out the form on their own, your staff can be alerted immediately after the inquiry is submitted.
- Go to System > Settings > Alerts.
PRO TIP! You can always search for Alerts in the upper left search menu too!
- Check the list under the column titled 'System Alert' for any entries titled Public Inquiry Submitted to make sure there isn't already an alert set up for this. If there is already an entry, select it and then click the Edit button in order to adjust the alert. If there is no entry yet, then instead click on the New button to create a new alert.
- If you edit your alert you will be taken to the Edit General Alert screen and if you add a new alert you will be taken to the New General Alert screen. Both screens offer the same fields:
- In the Alert On field, select "Public Inquiry Submitted."
- The Distribution List field is where you select the list of people who get alerted. A distribution list is actually a collection of people (can be made up a single individual or multiple people) who can be assigned to alerts such as this one. If the distribution list you want to use already exists, select it from the drop-down. If it does not, then click on the blue "+" button and create a new distribution list.
- For Output Type select Email.
- Finally, for the Send alert from Email Account, select one of the email accounts in the drop-down. If you see no email accounts, you must contact your super admin to either add your email account to BigSIS or have them set up this alert for you from their account.
- Click Save and Back and you are done!