Your public inquiry form has additional customization options located in client settings where you may adjust things like making some fields required (e.g., date of birth, address for contact, etc.) as well as enabling/disabling certain advanced features such as self-application forms, anonymous user signups, and much more.
- Go to System > Settings > Client Settings. Look for the tab titled Leads (Inquiries, Applications, & Contracts) and click on it. You will have several options in the following sections, click the link to skip ahead:
Misc. Lead and Signup Options
- Show Relatives (e.g., Guardians) on Leads Table?: Will show guardians on the leads table by default.
- Use the leads module to process re-enrollments: If you would like to manage re-enrollments by using a process similar to the one you use for new leads, then turn this option on. When this option is on, you may take advantage of all of the leads tools when processing re-enrollments for returning students. These returning students will now be known as 're-enrollment leads' and will be found in the Re-enrollment Leads table (Admissions/Leads > Re-enrollment Leads) and so will be separated from the regular first-time leads. Like first-time leads, re-enrollment leads may go through phases, be placed in a status, and your staff may assign tasks to help you move through the re-enrollment process. Additionally, re-enrollment leads can be sent an online contract. If you will not be using Leads for processing re-enrollments, leave this box unchecked. You may still process re-enrollments, you just won't take advantage of the Leads tools to do so.
- Allow Anonymous User Signups: This option allows people to create their own user accounts for the system without requiring a signup invitation to be sent to them. This is very helpful if you want to allow people (who are not currently in your database) to fill out inquiry or application forms and create an account on their own to keep track of the inquiry/application they submitted.
- Hide all lead tasks when editing leads: This will hide all lead tasks on the Edit Lead screen.
- Admission Cutoff Date: Not currently being used.
- Tab to display First when editing a Lead: This will let you choose the tab you would like to show by default on the Edit Lead screen.
Inquiry Form Options
- Require a date of birth on inquiry forms: This will that people filling out an inquiry form are required to add a date of birth for students.
- Display mailing address fields on the public inquiry form: If you want to encourage people who fill out the public inquiry form to provide a mailing address for contact purposes, you may enable this option. If you prefer to keep the form short and collect the mailing address later, you may uncheck this option to disable the address fields on inquiry form.
- Require a mailing address on the public inquiry form: Enable this option if you would like to require users to provide a mailing address when they submit an inquiry form. If this option is disabled, users may still provide a mailing address but it is not required. Many schools prefer to leave this optional so that parents who are not prepared to provide a mailing address are not discouraged from completing the rest of the inquiry form.
- Require an email address on the public inquiry form (recommended): Enable this option if you would like to require users to provide an email address to ensure you are able to contact them after they submit an inquiry form. If this option is disabled, users may still provide an email address but it is not required so you run the risk of receiving an inquiry with an email address.
- Display Heard About fields on the public inquiry form: Will show the Heard About drop-down menu on your inquiry form. See this article for more information on Adding Options to the Heard About Menu on the Inquiry Form.
- Display fields for both guardians on public inquiry form: Will show an expandable field set for parents to add information for a second parent.
- Public inquiry form Lead Source default value: In BigSIS, you are able to track whether the lead came from (A) someone who submitted an inquiry form on their own via the public inquiry form or (B) from a lead entered in by a staff member using the internal inquiry form. Use this field to select how leads created by someone on their own via the public inquiry form should be identified.
- Default relationship of parent/guardian on inquiry form: This sets the default relationship a user will see for the parent on the inquiry form.
- Redirect URL For Inquiry Form Submission (CAUTION): This provides a way for the school to redirect the inquiry form submission to an alternate URL. We highly recommend speaking with BigSIS before entering a URL. This will affect how the inquiry form works.
Admissions Portal Options
- Allow users (e.g., parents) to submit inquiries for new students (e.g., second child) from the portal: If you have enabled the Admissions tab in the portal, you have the option to allow users to submit new inquiries and applications directly from the admissions tab in the portal. The setting here enables users to submit new inquiries for their children, which may be especially useful for parents who already have one child enrolled in the school and want to begin the admissions process for another child. If this option is disabled, parents may not submit new inquiries for their children via the portal. However, they may still do so from the public inquiry form.
- Allow users (e.g., prospective students) to submit inquiries for themselves from the portal: If you have enabled the Admissions tab in the portal, you have the option to allow users to submit new inquiries and applications directly from the admissions tab in the portal. The setting here enables users to submit new inquiries for themselves, which may be especially useful for older students and adults who may already be enrolled in one program at your institution and wish to inquire about another program. If this option is disabled, users may not submit new self-applicant inquiries for themselves via the portal. However, they may still do so from the self-applicant public inquiry form
Lead Contract Options
- Select Lead Contract Email Alert Frequency: Select the frequency the school would like to receive email alerts about completed contracts (After Each Signature, After All Signatures Completed, or Both (Each Signature and All Signatures Completed).
- Require Verification For Offline Signatures For Lead Contracts: When this is enabled, Lead Contracts with offline signatures will remain incomplete in BigSIS until an admin manually verifies each offline signature.
- Rollup Missed Payment Schedules In Deposit: When enabled, if a contract is filled out and payment schedules have already past, they will be rolled up into the deposit for the contract.
- Disable Lead Contract Payment End User Confirmation Email: When selected, this will disable the automated email alerts that will be sent to users when they complete a contract. This setting does not affect the email alerts the school will receive about completed contracts (see Setting up Alerts for Applications and Contracts).