Below are some basic explanations of what someone will see when they click on the Volunteers tab in the portal. This example is designed as an email you might send out to new volunteers or to role out your volunteer module. You can also use these explanations as you see fit, for example, you might include some of this information in the Volunteer tab snippet in the portal (see here: Portal Settings, for more info on portal snippets and portal settings ) or in other emails, you might send to volunteers. Use this as a starting point and get creative with how you use it!
We are very excited to roll out our new volunteerism tool for your parent portal! Here are some quick instructions to help you get comfortable with how our new system will be working.
- First, let us have you log into your parent portal. [Include your portal link here!]
- You will now see a new tab titled "Volunteers." Click on this tab to start exploring your new volunteer area.
(Right-click and 'Open image in new tab' to enlarge)
- Now, let's explore the different options you will have.
- Volunteer Summary: The Summary will give your volunteer totals. This will list out your overall number of completed hours, your total completed signups (what volunteer events you have signed up for AND completed), and your outstanding volunteer signup (what volunteer activities you have signed up for but have not completed yet).
- My Signups Calendar: From this tab, you will be able to navigate through a calendar that will show the volunteer activities you have signed up for.
- Non-Date-Specific Opportunities: Click on this tab to see volunteer activities that are not assigned to a specific date. These are activities you can sign up for any time and complete at your convenience.
- Date-Specific Opportunities Calendar: Click on this tab to see volunteer activities that are based on a specific date and time. You will be able to navigate through a calendar to choose the event or activity within that event that you want to signup for. At the top of this screen, you will see (in a salmon color) a tab for "Events." This is letting you know that all events will show in this color on the calendar. When you flip through your calendar click on any event to see the different activities and time slots you can signup for.
You will also see other tabs that will be titled by activity category. Each category will appear in a different color and will represent that volunteer category on the signups calendar. TIP: If you want to see only the volunteer activities of a certain category, click on the categories you DO NOT want to see. This will "gray" out that category and remove it from you signup calendar. This is very useful if you find a category that you really want to volunteer for!