Lead contract payment schedules are what you will need to set up if you are using payment schedules in your BigSIS contracts. Lead contract payment schedules are designed to be tied to an academic year and will consist of the dates a payment will be due. This allows you to set up payment schedules based on a specific school year and thus when those payments are due during that school year.
NOTE: If you have not created lead contract payment schedules before, you will want to follow the steps below. If you have created payment schedules before you can save yourself a lot of time by copying your current payment schedules and editing the school year and dates associated with them. Skip to Copy Lead Contract Payment Schedules below for these steps.
To create new lead contract payment schedules:
- Go to Admissions/Leads > Online Contracts > Payment Schedules.
- Click New to add your first payment schedule.
- Fill in the Title (e.g., Lump Sum Payment, 10-Month Plan, etc.), Flat Amount (if applicable),
Percent (if applicable), Percentage Applied To (if applicable), Academic Year, Active, Default, Require Tuition Insurance, Tuition Insurance Due Date Override.
- Click Save and Continue when you are done.
- You will now add each of the due dates for this payment schedule. Click New to add a new date.
- Choose the desired date from the Due Date field. Click Save and Add Another to continue adding more dates, click Save and Back when you are done.
To Copy Lead Contract Payment Schedules:
- From the Lead Contract Payment Schedules table, select the desired payment schedule and click Copy.
- Once you have copied the payment plan you will want to edit the Title, the Academic Year, Lead Contract Payment Schedule Items (aka: payment schedule dates), and the Payment Plan Policy based on the updated school year and payment dates. All other settings can be edited as needed as well.
IMPORTANT! BigSIS will need to help get your Payment Plan Policies set up if you are a tuition management school. Once they are set up you will be able to select them but BigSIS will help set them up. Please reach out email@example.com if you do not have policies set up yet.