Duplicating assessments can save teachers time. Essentially, what the feature does is take one assessment period's narrative, assessments, and matrix data and copies it into a new assessment period. This is especially useful to teachers who build on their narratives from one assessment period to the next. Instead of having to start all over, they can have their assessments copied over so they can continue where they left without having to copy and paste the narrative themselves.
The best part is you can choose what data gets copied over: Assessments, Narratives, and/or Matrix Data and the tool will only copy data where there is none. This means if a teacher has already written their narrative or entered an assessment before you copy over the assessment data, the system will ignore those areas since they're already storing data.
How to Duplicate Assessments
From the Dashboard:
- Go to Students (in the left menu) > Other > Terms
- Edit the Term
- Click the Assessment Periods subtab
- Select the Assessment you want to duplicate
Click to enlarge
- Verify the Assessment Period you are copying FROM is correct
- Select the Copy INTO this Assessment Period from the drop-down
Click to enlarge
- Then, select which parts of the assessment you wish to copy over
- Copy Assessment? - Do you want to copy the assessment (e.g. A, B, Complete, etc)?
- Copy Narratives (written reports)? - Do you want to copy the narrative or written comments?
- Copy Matrixes? - Do you want to copy over any matrix data?
- When you're finished, click the Copy button
REMINDER: Nothing will copy over where data already exists meaning if the teacher gave a student an "A" on their midterm, and then entered a "B" for their final assessment, that "A" grade would NOT copy over when duplicating the assessment because a "B" already existed there.