Once in a while, you may need to edit one aspect or another in your or others' email accounts in BigSIS. One of these reasons might be that you, or others, have updated their email address password outside of BigSIS. If this occurs you or the user still need to update that password in BigSIS too. IMPORTANT: If you update a password outside of BigSIS it always needs to be updated in BigSIS too. This information will never be transferred into BigSIS and the following steps will help you edit this information.
These are some quick instructions on how to locate the Email Accounts table so you can edit an email account when necessary. For full details on what Email Accounts are or how to set them up please use these two articles: Email Accounts in BigSIS and How to Set up Email Accounts
To Edit an Email Account:
- Go to System > Settings > Email Accounts on the left menu. This will take you to the Email Accounts table.
- Filter for the email account you need, then select and edit it. (Remember you can double-click on the email account to edit it!)
- You are now on the Edit Email Account screen and you can make any edits you need. Take note that there are several fields you can edit. In many cases, you might be here to just edit the Email Account Password. I have that field highlighted in the below screenshot. Notice that it appears blank when you first come to this page, that is because we have hidden it. To update this or any other fields, click on the field and enter the new value. Make sure to click the Save button once you are done because there is one more step.
- Once you have saved the new settings you will need to test the email account with the Test Outgoing Server button. You should see this button at the top of your screen.
- This will take you to a screen where you will enter an email address to test sending an email to. This is a necessary step to make sure emails are being successfully sent. Click the Send Test Email button to send the test email.
- If the email goes through successfully you will be given a success message. If it fails you will be given an error message and should refer to the help bubble on the email accounts table or on the edit email accounts screen and this will help guide you to troubleshooting your issue.