Here are some quick instructions on how to add Reference Requests to a lead record.
1) Open up the lead in question and scroll down until you see a tab titled "Reference Requests" then click "New":
2) Before you can actually start sending requests for references (e.g., recommendation from previous teacher) you have to set up at least one "type" or "kind" of reference request. BigSIS allows you to create different kinds of reference requests such as "letter of recommendation from previous teacher" or "letter of recommendation from previous employer" or "skill evaluation from outside professional" etc. Each of these 'kinds' of recommendations can come with their own specific instructions and prompts. For example, the "Letter of Recommendation from Previous Teacher" may ask the teacher a few questions like "How many years have you known this student," "Please provide an example of a time the student excelled in class," etc. The "Skill evaluation from outside professional" may ask the reference a series of specific questions like "On a scale of 1 to 5, how would you evaluate the student's ability to XYZ." In addition to these customized questions for each type of reference request, you can also simply ask the reference to submit a word document written in their own words.
To get started creating your first "type" of reference request, click this button:
3) You'll have a number of options on how to set up this "type" or "template" of reference request. The help bubbles should explain what each option does. Remember, here you are creating a "type" of recommendation, this is not where you actually send the reference, that comes later:
4) Once you have set up a type of reference request, you can start using it for any lead. From the previous screen, select the reference request template you created and enter an email address for the reference who will receive this request. Finally, hit the Save and Email button. This will open up an email window where you can craft the email that will be read by the reference. The email will come with a secure link where the reference can fill out the request:
5) You can come back to the Reference Request tab to check on the status of the request and view it once it has been submitted back to you: