This article will help you with how to get courses removed from an Assessment Period. This is sometimes necessary if you have an assessment period(s) within a term that do not need to have every class part of it. For example, you might have a term that runs the full length of the school year that encompasses many programs but not all of those programs are on the same Assessment Period schedule (often schools might refer to these as reporting periods). With BigSIS, when you add an Assessment Period to a term all of the courses from all programs in that term will be added to it. These following steps will give you the quick instructions on how to remove the courses you don't need tied to an Assessment Period. For more information on how to add assessment periods, click here: Adding Assessment Periods
- Go to Students > Other > Terms
- This will take you to the Terms table and now select the term that has the assessment period you need to edit.
- Scroll down to Assessment Periods and edit the one you need to remove courses from.
- Click on the related tab Belongs To Courses.
- This will show you the list of courses that are tied to this assessment period and you can select the ones that need to be removed and click the Remove button.
- TIP: if your courses have a grade level in the title, e.g., Math (Gr. 1) or English - Grade 2, you can type the grade number in the search menu to help narrow your course list.
- Click Save or Save and Back when you are done removing all of the necessary courses.