Here is a quick guide to completing the homework you have after your Registrar 2 training session. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions you have along the way!
Tasks to complete:
- Generate courses using the Generate Courses tool. Click here for more details on how to use this tool: Using the Course Generation Tool
- Register students using the Auto-Register tool. Click here for more details on how to use this tool: Using the Auto-Register Tool
- Edit course registrations if necessary. This is NOT a necessary step for all schools! This step is ONLY required if you need to remove students from any of the courses you just auto-registered students into OR if you need to remove manually register students into a course.
- Go to Courses > Courses.
- Edit a course you need to edit registrations for. User Tip: remember that you can use filtering to narrow down your list of courses or just use the search menu to search for a single course!
- Scroll down to the Registrations tab. If you need to remove students you may select them from the list and click Remove. If you need to manually add students click New and add as many students as needed one at a time.
Because the pace of each school's Registrar training can be quite different below are additional tasks you may or may not have discussed during the training. These are important tasks that don't always get completed before Registrar 2 but should absolutely get completed before you plan to have teachers access these courses in their portal.
- Add teachers to each course. Click here for more instruction: Adding Teachers to Course Templates
- Add matrices to courses. Click here for more instruction: Building an Evaluation Matrix
- Add recurrence rules if you are using course attendance or want to use the course calendar for parents in the portal.