When it comes to testing Assessment Reports if you don't have historic reports to work with, you will need to set up one or more test students in order to view what the reports will look like. BigSIS doesn't print out blank or empty reports for students who's teachers have note completed assessments yet, so if your teachers haven't added narratives or assessments you will need to follow the next steps to get this setup. To complete this you will set up examples of these reports on your tests site by adding in "fake" data and this will let you start making decisions on what your school would like their reports to look like.
The following steps are based on the assumption that you have generated your courses and auto-registered your students already. If you have not completed these steps you may reference the following articles: Using the Course Generation Tool and Using the Auto-Register Tool
From your testing site:
- The first step is to push your live site data to your test site. This will allow you to use what you have already set up on your live site on the test site where you can freely test running reports.
- For more info on pushing your live site to your test site, click here: Live Site & Test Site Information
- Log into your test site. If you are not familiar with your testing site, refer to the above article about live and test sites to learn how to locate and sign-in to your test site.
- Now it is time to add some assessments, narratives, or matrix entries to as many courses as you would like to have in your example report.
Pro Tip! Keep in mind that if you are setting up an example report it is wise to enter report information for one student. You can certainly add information for as many students as you want but doing it this way will allow you to run the report for this one student including all of their courses and will make the testing process simpler.
- You have two options to enter a student's report information. You may choose the best option that works for you!
Adding Report Information from an Enrollment Record
- On your test site, go to Students > Enrollments (or click on Enrollment Management from your dashboard)
- Locate the student's enrollment record you want to work with and edit it.
- This will take you to the Edit Enrollment page where you can edit any course from the Courses Registered For list and add report information or you can click the Quick Assessment button to quickly add assessments to many of the courses for the student.
- Continue with the method of your choice but make sure to click Save and Back whenever you are saving any report information!
Adding Report Information in a Course
- On your test site, go to Courses > Courses
- Go to Filters > By Program and select the program that you would like to work with.
- With your narrowed-down list you can now edit any, or each, of these courses and add report information for a student.
- Scroll down to Registrations and edit the student you want to add reports for.
- Click the Edit button
- You can now add a narrative and enter an assessment. This example does not show a matrix but if you are using matrices you may enter matrix entries as well. Click Save and Back when you are done. Important: you must enter an assessment for the student otherwise this course will not show in the report.
- Repeat this step for as many courses as you want on your example report. If you need more assistance to run these reports click here: Running Assessment Reports