STOP!: Before continuing with these steps we want you to pause and consider sending the user a signup link instead of manually adding them. Unless you have a specific reason to add the user manually you should always send them a signup link and let them create their own user name and password. If you need to help get a user account set up for someone then follow these steps but if possible it is best for each user to receive a signup link and follow the steps to enter in their own user account information.
- On the left navigation menu, click System > User Management > Manage Users
- From the Manage Users table, click New
- Add the Username
- Enter in the Password, then Retype Password to verify the password
- Select the Person to tie to this account
- TIP: If this person does NOT need permissions to access the admin site (e.g., parents, teachers, donors, volunteers, etc.) stop at this step. To add permissions for admin users continue to step 6.
- In the User record, there are several checkboxes under the blue “Permissions” header. Selecting and deselecting these checkboxes sets different permissions for users. NOTE: For more information on each permission level you can hover over the blue question mark to the right of the permission.
- When your selections are complete, click one of the green Save action buttons