Duplicating assessments can save teachers time. Essentially, what the feature does is take one assessment period's assessments and copies it into a new assessment period. This is especially useful when a set of courses aren't all getting assessments in the same assessment period but you want those courses to all on the same report. Instead of having to make the teachers enter those assessments again you can just copy the assessments using this tool and the tool will only copy data where there is none. This means if a teacher has already provided an assessment for a student before you copy over the assessment data, the system will ignore those students since they're already storing data.
If you would like to copy assessments, narratives, and/or matrix data use the Using the Duplicate Assessment Tool.
- Go to Courses > Other > Copy Course Assessments between Assessment Periods
- This will take you to the copy tool...
- Start by selecting the correct Term (this will show your default term).
- Select the From Assessment Period (the assessment period you want to copy assessments from).
- Select the Copy to Assessment Period (the assessment period you want to copy assessments to).
- The system will show a list of Courses with both Assessment Periods (you will only be able to copy assessments if the course is part of both assessment periods).
- Take note that the system will notify you if a course Has an Assessment in From Assessment Period or a course is Lacking an Assessment in To Assessment Period. It is ONLY if a course Has an Assessment in From Assessment Period AND IS Lacking an Assessment in To Assessment Period that the system will copy over an assessment. If any of the registered students of a course have an assessment in the assessment period you are copying into then the system will not copy over the assessment.
- You will receive a confirmation message when the assessments have been copied. Repeat for other courses if necessary otherwise, you are done!