Assessment Groups are how you group assessments of your choosing together. For example, you may have letter grades A, B, C, for upper school, and use something completely different for the lower school like E, S, N, U. The benefit of grouping is that you can assign those groups to specific courses so that a teacher can only see the Assessment Group that belongs to that course. If the Assessment Types are not grouped, then a lower school teacher may accidentally give a student and upper school grade. Here is how to edit Assessment Groups. See Adding Assessment Groups if you need to get started with assessment groups.
- Start by going to System > Type Management > Assessment Groups (Grade Groups)
TIP: Remember you can always use keywords in the upper left search menu like 'assessments.'
- Select and edit the Assessment Group.
- This will take you to the Edit Assessment Group page where you will see the list of assessments this group is using. You will have a few options from this page:
- Edit the Title of the assessment group.
- Select if you want this to be the Default Assessment Group. Making this the default will mean that whenever you add a new course or course template to the system this will be the default group (you can edit the group used when you add the course or course template).
- You may click New and add any assessments you would like.
- You may Edit any of the parameters for each assessment including title, abbreviation, gpa value, percent when letter grade entered, earned credit, etc.
- You may select and Remove any of the assessments.
- Click Save and Back and you are done editing your assessment group!