If you need to deactivate a user follow these steps. Keep in mind that you should only complete these steps if the user should not access the portal or the admin side of the system. If the user is no longer under an admin role but should still have access to the portal (e.g., an admin that still needs to have parent, teacher, associate, donor, or volunteer portal access) then you should remove their permissions instead. Follow these steps on Adding or Changing a User's Permission Level.
If a person is no longer a teacher but is still a parent, the role(s) will need to be inactive so that they do not have teacher portal access. Click here to remove a role.
- Go to System > User Management > Manage Users.
- From the Manage Users table filter for the user in question. Once you have located the user who you want to unlock, edit their record. (Either double click on the user or select the user and click the blue “Edit” action button.)TIP: you can search by username, first name, or last name of the user.
(Right-click image and open image in new tab to enlarge)
- Click the red Disable User action button to deactivate this user. Click OK when prompted to save this change. Click Save and Back and you are done!
PRO TIP! remember that to filter for this user in the future you will need to filter for "inactive" users.
If an admin has more than 1 role, like teacher, the role(s) will need to be made inactive so they no longer appear as active for that role.
- From the People table, find the teacher and Edit their record.
- Go to the Roles tab and Edit each affiliated role(s).
- Uncheck the Active box. Making this change will disable the role access that they had in the portal.