BigSIS will give you a starting point for Assessment Types (Grades) in the system but you can add or edit the assessments in your system at any time. This may include editing the GPA value, if credit is earned, what an assessment equals in percentage, what assessment group it is tied to, etc. Follow these steps on how to add or edit assessment groups but see these other articles on how to Adding Assessment Groups or Editing Assessment Groups.
- Go to System > Type Management > Assessment Types (Grades)
How to Edit Assessments
- From the Assessments table, you may select and edit any assessment in your list.
- There will be a variety of options to select from. Hover over the help bubbles for more information on each field.
PRO TIP! Click here to learn more about the Difference Between Percent at Least and Percent When Letter Grade Entered.
(Right-click and "Open image in new tab" to enlarge)
- Once you have edited your assessment you may click the Save and Back button and you are done! Complete this step for any additional assessments you need to edit.
How to Add Assessments
- From the Assessments table, click New to add a new assessment.
- This will take you to the Add Assessments page where you may add edit several different assessment parameters including Title, Abbreviation, Earned Credit, Percent When Letter Grade Entered, etc. The only two required fields are Title and Abbreviation and others are all optional depending upon your schools usage.
IMPORTANT: hover over any of the help bubbles to get more information about what each field means.
(Right-click and open image in new tab to enlarge)
- Click Save and Back when you are done! Complete this step for as many new assessments as you need to add.