This article is currently under development. Please be aware that changes may take place in real-time and might update the article as you are viewing it. Thank you for your patience as we get this finalized!
When it comes to contracts inevitably you will need to make edits to a few of them after the parents have already completed them. Making an edit to a contract is easy to do but it means that you ultimately need to release that contract back to the parent(s)/guardian(s) to approve and sign again. Consider that to be the one con of deleting an invoice. However, the pro of this is that you will have a re-signed contract with the correct info and a clean and accurate invoice.
To release the contract back to the parent you will need to un-apply any payments they have already made to their tuition invoice and delete that invoice. In order to do that, you will need to follow a few key steps but before we get to that let's discuss a few important points about what un-applying a payment will do.
When you un-apply a payment this will create a credit for the parent that they can apply back to the contract when they approve and sign the contract again. It is important to know that once you un-apply the payment you will see this as an un-applied balance for the family to use in the portal. You don't have to do anything with the un-applied balance but you will want to be aware of this so you can notify the family of how to apply this to their contract. (Don't worry this is easy for them to do!)
The following instruction will help you un-apply payments so that you can delete invoices, make changes to a contract, and send that contract back to the parent portal to approve those changes. If you would like to learn more about how a parent will apply their credit you may click here XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX.
Unapply the Payment
- Go to Favorites > Families. (If you don't see this option contact email@example.com for more assistance.)
- Locate and edit the record for the family. TIP: don't forget you have filter options to narrow your list!
- This will take you the Edit Family page. The Invoices tab will be shown by default where you can select and edit the Tuition Contract invoice.
- Click the Payments tab. Select the applied payment and click Un-Apply.
- Confirm this action by clicking Ok.
- Click Back to the Edit Family page.
- Recalculate Family and you will now see an Un-Applied Balance. This is the amount the parent can re-apply to the contract when they complete and sign it again.
Delete the Invoice
From the Edit Family page...
- You are now ready to delete the invoice. Select the Invoice and click Delete.
- This will take you to a confirmation screen. Type in the word 'DELETE' to confirm the delete and click the Delete button. Click 'Ok' to confirm the delete one last time (can you tell we want to make sure this is what you want to do!) and you are done!
- IMPORTANT: Deleting an invoice also removes the applied signatures and will mean the contract has to be signed again by all required signatories.
Send the Contract Back to the Portal and Update the Info for the Parents
It is now time to go to the contract and send it back to the portal. This step can be completed from the Edit Contract screen so you have a few options of where you can start this step. Remember that a contract can be edited from the Leads, Re-enrollment Leads, or the Submitted/Pending Contracts Table so you have the option to choose your preferred table.
- Go to either the Leads, Re-enrollment Leads, or the Submitted/Pending Contracts Table and edit the contract you are working with. TIP: on the Leads or Re-enrollment leads tab click the purple icon to edit your contract.
- From the Edit Contract screen click Send Contract Back to Portal. This will bring up a confirmation screen, click 'Ok.'
- This will take you back to the Edit Contract screen where you will now be able to edit any information tied to this contract including due dates, payment schedules, line items, and required signatures.
- NOTE: one you click Send Contract Back to Portal you may want to uncheck the Release To Parents checkbox if you don't intend to release the contract immediately back to the parents.
Have them Re-Sign
After you have made the necessary changes to your contract you may now notify the parent that they may complete and sign the contract again. It is important to know that the parent will NOT have to fill out the contract completely again. When they return to complete and sign the contract again, they will be taken to the last page of the contract. They may then review the contract and make any changes if they need to but they will not have to re-fill out the contract.
- They will see their original payment as a credit on their account when they re-complete the contract.
- If there is a higher deposit, they will be charged the difference only.
- They will not be charged again for TM fees as they already have a plan.
- Just like adding a second kid to an existing plan.