Sometimes you might need to add a course for a school year on the fly. If you have a course template for the course you can follow these quick steps to get the course created.
These instructions will help you create a new course template: Registrar 1 Overview and Help Guide.
- Go to Courses > Courses and click New > Add from Template.
- This will take you to the Create Course from Template screen where you can select the Course Template. Click Create and Continue.
- This will take you to the Add Course screen where you may edit several aspects of your template. This includes Title, Term, Assessment Periods, Additional Course Options, Course Registration Options for Transcripts, and Block Information. This information will all be filled in based on your course template. Click here if you need more information on Editing Course Templates.
- IMPORTANT: Make sure to edit the Term you are adding the course to. This will show your default term but this might not be the correct choice for the course.
- Click Save and Back to save the course and click Save and Continue to finish checking the program this course is tied to and registering students into the course.
- For the focus of this article we will be looking at a few quick steps to get this course setup but you may also edit other information at this time including Programs Taking this Course, Teaching this Course, Occurrences, Evaluation Matrixes, and more.