The following steps will show you how to add an offline payment to a family account. This will often be used to add an offline payment that is intended to be used as a credit to pay for deposits, fees, etc., on a contract in the portal.
Click here to learn more about Adding a Payment and Applying it to an Invoice.
- Go to Favorites > Families. Filter for and edit the appropriate family.
- From the Edit Family page, click Apply Credit or Refund button.
PRO TIP! The next few screens will say "payment" but this is synonymous with "credit."
- From the Add Payment Method page you will have a few options:
(Right-click and "Open image in new tab" to enlarge)
- This will take you to the Add Payment screen. Start by selecting the Type of Payment you used outside of BigSIS. This list will consist of Check, Cash, Adjustment, and Other. Click the links to see an example of each option.
- Fill out the appropriate information based on what refund type you select. Take note that Other is a self-building list and allows you to add your own options.
- If you are adding a payment/credit for a parent to apply to a future contract, you will click Save and be done. The family will now have the credit on their account to apply later.
PRO TIP! Adding the payment will show as an Un-Applied Balance for the family.
- Below is what the payment will look like to a family if you are adding the offline payment to be used as a credit in an incomplete contract.
Please sign in to leave a comment.