As you prepare for releasing contracts here are a series of tasks to accomplish. This will include elements of testing and will also include side tasks including editing email templates, getting your portal tabs setup, and more.
Tasks to complete as you prep:
- Edit your contract email templates. We have a few starter templates for sending contracts to the portal and this will include signup link templates if you need to include a signup invitation or templates that have steps for existing portal users. These are just a starting point and you will want to customize them appropriately.
For any schools that already have email templates, you should still review them to make sure they don't need to be updated.
- Finish your portal setup for the Admissions portal tab. The Admissions portal tab will be where you send your parents to fill out their contracts. You may need to make this active if you have not yet.
The following steps will help guide you on how to test your BigSIS contracts. Remember to do ALL contract testing on your test site!
- The following article will assist with the steps to get yourself set up to test contracts. Follow these steps to get setup and test enrollment contracts then continue to #2 to test re-enrollment contracts.
- The above steps will get you started with testing your new enrollment contracts but after you create your contract you may want to simulate re-enrollment and test re-enrollment contracts.
- Use the re-enrollment tool to process re-enrollments and create your contracts
- Now, use the re-enrollment leads table to manage your contracts.
- The next step would be to email parents to notify them that contracts are available in their portal.
- NOTE: This step you won't do in testing but it is helpful to remember this is when you would do that. Refer to "Tasks to complete as you prep" for more information on editing your email templates.
- Now, it is time to start filling out the contract like a parent.
- As you fill out your contract start taking notes of edits you might want to make.
- Things to keep in mind:
- Do you want to move any information from one page to another?
- Do you want to change the order of any of the pages?
- Would you like to edit any of the language?
- Would you like to add any language to any of the sections (i.e., directions or instructions for the user, or messages to the user)?
- Are we missing anything from the contract?
- Have you decided to add anything additional to your online contract?
- Things to keep in mind:
- After you have filled out one or more contracts, start using the Submitted/Pending Contracts Table to track your contracts
- This will culminate the different aspects of testing but remember to repeat many times. The idea is for you to become the expert on contracts so repeat, repeat, repeat until you are comfortable!
- These other articles can be helpful for reminders on how to edit line items, split contracts, and a few other important aspects that we covered today!
- How to Add/Edit Contract Line Items from the Leads and Re-enrollment Leads tables
- How to Split Contracts When a Lead Already has a Contract
- How to Create Contracts Manually
- How to Edit Contracts Tied to a Lead Enrollment Configuration
- How to Tie Contract Line Items to a Lead Enrollment Configuration
- How to Create or Copy Lead Contract Payment Schedules
- Write down any questions you have along the way and send them to firstname.lastname@example.org!