If you have to edit the start and end dates for an academic year you have found the right place. These steps will walk you through the correct updates to make including reconciling the school days you might have created.
NOTE: In most cases, you will have to edit your edit academic year begin and end dates at some point because most schools create their academic years several years in advance to set up the Leads module so this is a very common task.
- Go to Students > Other > Academic Years and edit the necessary academic year.
- This will take you to the Edit Academic Year screen where you will see the school begin and end dates. Click Change Dates.
- This will take you to the Change Academic Year Dates screen where you will be able to edit the Begin Date, End Date, Work Begin Date, and Work End Date. Click Save and Back when you are done.
PRO TIP! Take note of the warning message because that is your next step if you have created school days and also if you have created attendance records too!
- If you have created school days or attendance already you will likely see a message letting you know that you need to take further action. Read the instructions to learn more about what you need to do to fix your school days or attendance.
Typical message if you add dates that will increase the number of school days or edit days that require you to remove school days you have already created.
Typical message if you have edited school days in a way that requires you to Pre-Generate Attendance again.
- Once you have updated your school days and attendance you are done! Click here if you need to learn more about how to How to Edit Terms.