IMPORTANT UPDATES/NEW FEATURES
BigSIS has overhauled the Send Email screen to be much more user friendly and to add a few features we think you are going to like. We have also added a new test email option as well as updated combo boxes (the plus and edit buttons you see in drop-down lists ) to match up with our New and Edit buttons throughout the system (go figure, matching icons are a good thing!). Here is a break down of these updates.
Protip: We added the option to add an email signature a few months ago, but check out Adding or Editing Email Signatures for more information if you haven't added one yet!
For those of you that would prefer a short video tour click here.
- Combo boxes now match the New and Edit buttons found throughout the system. BigSIS uses a consistent theme of using the color green for New buttons and the color blue for Edit buttons.
- The option to send a test email from the email screen has been added. This will allow you to send out a test email anytime you want to review your email before sending it or if you want to confirm that your markers are working correctly.
- We have overhauled the Send Email screen to be much easier to navigate and read! This includes a new layout to make selecting email templates easier, expandable fieldsets for CC/BCC recipients and the link builder (to create links to files you can insert into your email), moved the check spelling to a better spot, and more.
- You no longer need to choose the email type of "email template" to select your email templates. We have made it much easier to just select from your list of templates or simply type in your email if you don't want to use a template.
- We have added the option to CC or BCC one or all recipients when sending emails. These are shown as expandable fieldsets to make it easy to add without getting in your way.
- You no longer need to select the type of email you would like to send. You will be able to select your email templates by default and this is going to save you a lot of clicks!
- We have added a link builder to let you create links to use in your emails on the fly. You will be able to select from these links as you add them or anytime after you add them.
- Email markers are now easier to read and we have added a quick copy button to make pasting your markers much quicker and easier.
- The option to send a test email has been added. This will allow you to send one test email using the email markers from the first recipient of the emails you are sending. This is an extremely handy tool for you to test emails and especially email markers!