In order to test Lead Application MPFs, you must simulate being either a parent of a prospective student (i.e. a Lead) or the student (Lead) themselves depending on how you plan to use the form (if you plan to have parents of leads fill out application forms, you must simulate being a parent of a lead, if you plan to have leads fill it out themselves directly, you must simulate being a lead). This means you need to create a fake lead.
Testing applications is something that can be done on both the live or the test site. The decision to test on one site versus the other may be made for different reasons but if plan to test on your testing site you are in the correct place. If you plan to test on your live site click here.
- Start by logging into your test site.
PRO TIP! Remember this will be your BigSIS URL with "testing-" at the beginning of the URL. See below for an example.
- NOTE: Before you can test an application form, you must not only create one, of course, but you must assign it to a program in your Lead Enrollment Configuration. If you are unfamiliar with the Lead Enrollment Configuration, review the help documentation by clicking here: Setting up the Leads Tool. Once you are familiar with the Lead Enrollment Configuration, assign your new application form in the Application Settings for one of your programs in a Lead Enrollment Configuration like this:
PRO TIP! This step will have been completed for most schools in advance of application testing but this is very important to check just to make sure you don't have any issues when testing.
- Remember to take note of the academic year and the program that you assign the application form to so that when you create a new lead to test the form, you select this academic year and program for the lead.
- Now we need to create a fake lead to test. Go to Admissions/Leads > Quick Add Lead and fill out the form that is launched. The illustrations below highlight the important fields you need to fill out. Make sure you select the academic year and program that you assigned the application form to in the lead enrollment configuration. When you get to the fields where you enter parent/guardian information, select Existing Person and enter yourself:
- Now it is almost time to go and play with the form itself. But first, let's make sure that the portal is set up to display these forms. Go to System > Settings > Portal Setup and look for the Admissions - Portal Tab and click on it to expand it:
- If the tab is already active, just take note of the name listed in the Display Title in Portal field and then skip to the next step (by default, the name in that field is Admissions, but your school may have changed this to something else. If it is currently inactive, click the Show in Portal box, give a name to the tab in the Display Title in Portal field and then hit the Save button right beneath it:
- Go to your portal and locate the Admissions tab (remember, the name may be changed). Now, go down to the sub-tab titled My Inquiries & Applications and look for the record featuring your fake lead and click the Add Application link. If prompted to Claim the form, go ahead and do so:
- Finally, you will be viewing the Lead Application MPF and you are now able to test it.
PRO TIP! You may keep this page open on your browser and open up a second tab on your browser where you can go back to the Lead Application MPF settings in the BigSIS admin to make adjustments. The form in the portal updates in real-time so you can always go back to the first tab in your browser and refresh it to see and test any additional changes you have made to the Lead Application MPF
- IMPORTANT: Remember to DELETE any trace of this test. Deleting the test requires deleting the fake lead to reduce data clutter from your database (we don't recommend storing bad or fake data in there permanently alongside your real data). Go to Admissions/Leads > Leads to locate the fake lead record and delete it: