If you are looking to connect to Gmail you have found the right place! This short video and instructions will show you how to get your Gmail account connected using OAuth (Direct Connect).
If you haven't yet added a new email account you will want to review the below video and then follow the steps to add your new email account and connect using OAuth direct connect at the same time. To set up your email account you will need to enter a small bit of information and then you will be able to connect using OAuth direct connect.
- To get started, go to System > Settings > Email Accounts.
- Select the email account to connect, then Double Click or Edit. If you haven't yet added an email account click New and add the necessary information.
PRO TIP! Click here to learn more about email accounts or just hover over the help bubbles to get more information about the required fields.
- Scroll down until you see Type of Email Account, select Gmail OAuth2 (Direct Connect)
- If you see Current Status: Gmail Not Connected proceed to step 4 below.
- If you see Current Status: Gmail Connected you may already be connected but we highly recommend that you test to confirm that everything is OK by clicking the "Save and Test" button above:
- If the test fails (usually because your credentials have expired), you'll be prompted to re-authorize your email account by clicking the "Connect" button. Do so and then test again and you should be all set.
- If you instead you see something like the screenshot below that says Gmail Not Connected and then click the Connect button.
PROTIP! Under the Users tab, you can add as many users as you want to.
- The next screen will walk you through the steps, select Connect on the bottom left.
- Choose the email account you want to connect.
- On the next screen, click Allow to authorize BigSIS to send emails on your behalf.
PRO TIP! You can always see and/or disconnect your Google account.
PRO TIP! Click here to learn more about email signatures.
Please sign in to leave a comment.