After the admins have followed the instructions for turning on OAuth in the admin site, teachers and staff must complete an extra step in the Portal in order for the change to take effect.
In case admins have not yet activated OAuth for teachers and staff, please follow the instruction in the
ProTip! Admins make sure users of the emails have the box "Can Update Password Information in the system" checked prior to. This allows teachers/staff to enter in their password and activate OAuth for the account from the portal.
Once this has been done, teachers and staff will follow these steps from the portal:
- My Account> Email Accounts> Edit OAuth Connection
- Check and make sure the email you are going to connect is inputted correctly> Connect
- The next screen will walk you through the steps, select Connect on the bottom left.
- Select the email you want to connect to and enter your email UserID and password.
- On the next screen, select Allow to authorize BigSIS to send emails on your behalf.
ProTip! You can always see and/or disconnect your Google account.