You will have the option to allow what solicitors are able to access and see when communicating with their contact list. Based on the solicit, you may or may not allow solicitors to make donations or only allow for certain donation types. Information based on the solicitation or contact may be hidden and a range of suggested amounts can be shown based on the contact's past giving history.
Click Here to Create Custom Amounts for Your Solicitation List
- Start by going to your Solicitation List from the left-hand menu. Go to People > Solicitation List.
- In the Solicitation table, you will have a Solicitation/Portal Options button.
Types of Solicitor Settings and What They Do:
- Send Donation Confirmation Email When Solicitor Enters Donation: If you have an email template created for the solicit, this option will automatically send an email to contact's that make a donation. You can create a template by clicking on the green plus button.
- Contact Information: These options will allow you to show/hide an individual's contact information, role, and giving history with the school.
- Contact Calculated Suggested Ask Amounts: The calculated suggested ask amount based on a contact's donation history. This helps solicitors determine which amount to ask based on giving history.
- Solicitation Status Dropdown Options: This creates a status that solicitors can choose from when they've made contact versus completing the contact.
How to Allow Donations in the Solicitor Portal:
There are four donation types that can be taken in the solicitor portal. Based on your school's needs, you can accept all or only a certain donation type to be made. When a donation is made, it will be tied to the contact's donor profile. If they have never given before, a donor profile will be created for them for future giving.
- Allow Solicitors To Enter Donations For Contacts In The Portal - This will allow for solicitors to accept pledges only.
- Allow Solicitors To Accept Credit Cards In The Portal (Requires Authorize.Net)- This will allow for solicitors to accept credit cards.
- Allow Solicitors To Accept In-Kind Gifts In The Portal - This will allow for solicitors to accept in-kind donations. Keep in mind that the final value of the item cannot be determined until your school decides the value.
- Allow Solicitors To Accept Stock Gifts In The Portal - This will allow for solicitors to accept stock gifts regardless of quantity.