Another year has passed, thanks for trusting us with your Student Information System needs. We look forward to continuing to improve and expand our system in the new year.
BigSIS Updates/New Features
- We added the ability to ask donors to 'Help Cover Our Costs' on your donation forms. When you accept online payments, your nonprofit pays a small fee to Authorize.net to process that transaction. By enabling 'Help Cover Our Costs,' you can offer the payer the option of covering the minor added fee of processing their online payment. This benefits both you and the payer: your organization recoups most of the processing costs (you'll still be responsible for a very small portion to cover the additional amount the donor is paying) while the payer is assured that 100% of their intended payment goes to a cause they support. This new function can be turned on in Client Settings.
- Another exciting update to the Donations side of our system - if a donor chooses to log into the system when they are donating on a Public Form (the one that is embedded on your website), they now have the ability to choose from any Saved Payment Methods they have.
- We created a new Filter on the Enrollment Table called "By Years Enrolled" that will let you filter for students and alumni based on the number of years they have been, or were, enrolled.
- Administrators now have the ability to create new Payment Plans in the Family Table.
- Certificates & Diplomas can now be published to the Portal when they are run in the Reports module.
- The option has been added for a person's pronouns and preferred name to be hidden from the School Directory in the Portal.
- Portal Users can go to their "My Account" page in the Portal and select to hide their pronouns and preferred name from the School Directory. More information can be found in this article.
- Administrators can do this on behalf of Students who do not have a User account, by editing the Student's Person Record.
- A bug has been fixed in the Health Permissions and Releases Widget that wouldn't allow information to be saved when it was edited.
- A bug was fixed that wouldn't allow pronouns to be saved when a Person Record was edited.
- Fixed issues with recurring gifts not correctly recording in Donations.
- Fixed issues with percentage-based grades not showing up when Course information was exported.