Use this article if you need to zero out an invoice and the school is keeping the deposit and/or fees.
- IMPORTANT! If the family needs a refund(s) that is connected to the agreement, issue those V2 refunds before adding the addendum. How to refund in V2 - click this link to learn how to do refunds before continuing the steps below. We are encouraging avoiding creating multiple addendums because in this specific case if refunds were applied after the addendum, those refunds would alter what was owed on that agreement and would then need an additional addendum to account for those refunds.
- Go to Leads > search for and edit the lead.
- Edit the agreement.
- Click Add addendum.
- Remove any line items that no longer apply to this agreement. This could include fees or tuition insurance that may no longer need to be paid.
If you are keeping fees or any other amount included in the agreement leave those line items and make sure to remove or edit just those line items that need to be updated.
PRO TIP! All removed line items will be shown with a strikethrough.
- Next, edit the tuition line item.
- Edit the amount of the deposit to be what the school is keeping.
- Edit the Line Item Description to something like "Non-refundable Deposit" to show why ou are keeping those funds.
- Click Done (enter) when you are done.
- Before continuing to the next step consider if you need to update the Adjusted Lock Date. This date will make sure any edits you make to the agreement will affect past-due invoices. For example,
if an invoice has an invoice due date of today's date, edit the Adjusted Lock Date to be at least one day before today's date.
- The invoice changes will now reflect the amount the family paid, how much you will be keeping and will reflect a zero balance.
- Click Auto-sign if it all looks correct OR notify the family to sign the addendum in the portal.