Voiding a payment is easy to do but can only be done within a very limited time frame. If you receive an error that the payment is pending you will not be able to void the payment and cannot use these steps.
- Go to Favorites > Families > Search for the Family > Edit.
- Once you are in the family that you want scroll down to the menu towards the bottom and select Payment & Refunds > select the payment you are going to refund.
- At the top you will see the View Transaction.
- Click on the Get Latest fromAuthorize.net > click Back > View Transaction to make sure that you have the latest and most up to date transaction data.
- If the you see the Transaction Status is yellow or capturedPendingSettlement then you are good to proceed to the next step. However if the transaction is green or settledSuccessfully (as seen here), you will proceed to the How to Refund through Authorize.net instructions.
- That will take you to a new page, at the top you will see the Void Button
Pro Tip! Please make sure you are 100% certain that you want to click this button. Once you have, there will not be a way to Unvoid.
- If you get a Red error message, that means the transaction has gone through and now you need to follow the steps on how to issue a refund through Authorize.net.
Please sign in to leave a comment.