At some point in the school year, you will need to have the following year added to your inquiry and application. In order for them to show up in the drop-down menu, you must set up the new Academic Year and the new Lead Enrollment Configuration. This is now all down through Step 7 of the Academic Year Wizard.
In case you are interested, here is our Academic Year Wizard Webinar and Overview if you are interested in watching this setup.
PRO TIP! This will add the academic year to your inquiry and application.
The first step is to go into the Academic Year Wizard and go into the correct years set up.
- Go to Wizards > Academic Year Wizard, it is also still located under favorites > select the current academic year (in this example 2022-2023).
- Scroll down to Step 7: Set Up Admission Process for Next Year.
- The system will automatically set up the following sections:
(Right-click and "Open image in new tab" to enlarge)
- New Academic Year Title: The title should be the first year - second year followed by School Year
- Abbreviation: This should be the first year - second year that makes up the Academic Year.
- Work Begin Date: This should be the first day of your fiscal year (usually June, 30th).
- Work End Date: This should be the last day of your fiscal year (usually July, 1st).
- Academic Calendar Begin Date: This is the first day students attend school.
- Academic Calendar End Date: This is the last day students attend school.
- Generate 'School Days' based on the academic calendar begin and end date: It is recommended to leave this box checked so that when you enroll students their school days are pre-generated.
- Edit Holidays: You can add/remove holidays.
- Further down you will find the area to Create Terms and Set up Admissions & Enrollment Process.
- Use same 'Assessment Periods' for Terms from previous year: Keep this box checked as your assessment periods most likely do not change year to year. (Assessment periods are the times your students get assessed).
- New Term Title: This will be pre-generated for you with the standard naming conventions.
- Abbreviation: Should follow last year's abbreviation, usually the last two digits of the first year - the last two digits of the second year.
- Term Begin Date: First date of the term.
- Term End Date: Last date of the term
- Title for next year's Admission & Enrollment Process: This should also be pre-generated for you with the previous years naming conventions.
- If you had these four fields filled out in the past they will pre-generate for you. Add or change at will.
- The last section is Tuition Management. This area will match your last year's settings. Change as needed.
- Lastly, click Create Academic Year.
Please sign in to leave a comment.